NRS BMW i8 Brake Pads
NRS has brought to market the only EV/Hybrid Specific Brake Pad. The galvanized backing plate ensures no rust or corrosion occurs from lack of use due to regen braking. The mechanical attachment of the pad material to the backing plate ensures the pad material cannot separate from the backing plate. They do not contain any harsh chemicals or metals that can contaminate the environment over the course of their lifespan.
The World’s Longest Lasting, Safest and Most Environmentally Friendly Brake Pad for Electric, Hybrid and Autonomous Vehicles
Why pads deteriorate due to regen braking:
- As moisture creeps through the porous nature of the friction material it is compromising the untreated backing plate.
- Usually moisture in the friction material is dissipated as heat is created through normal braking routines.
- Hybrid and Electric vehicles do not experience this same creation of heat and as a result we are seeing a significant increase in brake pad separation (failure) as a result of corrosion, that is beginning to become widely recognized
Why Traditional Brake Pads aren't sufficient
- Traditional brake pads are not safe for use on electric vehicles
- Brake defects in Autonomous (ADAS) systems will be catastrophic
- ADAS vehicles demand higher quality of all parts, especially safety items (brakes)
- Environmental concerns continue to grow – utilizing parts that ignore this counterintuitive
NRS Brake Pad Construction
Ultra premium friction material ideal for severe duty applications and everyday driving
NRS Mechanical Attachment: Friction will never separate from backing plate
Noise Cancelling Nu-Lok Shims: 90% improvement in noise dampening capabilities
Galvanized Brake Hardware
Longest lasting brake pads
Specifically engineered for electric and hybrid vehicles
Environmental Impact of Painted Pads
3 million pounds a year of paint filled with copper, rust and lead that ends up in water supplies