RB Performance Brakes
RB OE Caliper BBK Upgrade to 360x26 (vs. OE 320x25) for Tesla M3 (Base model) Front
Another valuable BBK exclusively developed and offered by RB
- 100% bolt-on installation, easier than installing stock rotors.
- Fully compatible between pad and rotor w/o compromising the fitment and performance even it's a retrofit kit.
- Designed and built by the most experienced brake mfgr with track proven record in various tracking communities; from small race cars like Miata MX5, S2000, WRX to super muscle monster cars like GTR, Mustang GT350, Porsche 911, Camaro Z28/ ZL1, Corvette Z06/ZR1 and Challenger Hellcat etc...
Rotor kit includes:
2 ea - RB 2pc rotors
2 ea - Caliper spacers
4 ea - Caliper mounting bolts (M12x1.75)
1set - RB XT910 Street performance pad (a $200 value) - Not suitable for tracking.
Rotor weight comparison:
|Size (mm)||Wt (lbs)|
Replacement rotor ring: D502-05-381
RB kit (60mm pad)
Competition kit (52mm pad)
Brake pad comparison:
|Rotor Design||Surface Mount||Center Mount|
|Pad (Depth-mm)||M3 Stock (52)||M3P# (60)|
|Matching Rear BBK||N/A||#2608-K (360x21)|
*365mm will result brake pad overhang - Due to the original caliper is designed for 320mm rotor, as a result of geometry change in rotor size, the stock pad can no longer fit well with bigger rotor, it will have about 3mm overhang outside the rotor edge which is not recommended.
RB kit includes a compatible pad (M3P pad duly modified) which will fit the big rotor just like M3P stock set up would. Deeper pads (60mm vs. stock's 53mm) is the same exact brake pad upgrade as Viper's non-TA's (52mm) pad to TA pad (60mm).
RB rotors are made with a wider annulus to accommodate 60mm pad. With this set up it simply means your BBK upgrade is not just the rotor but "rotor & pad" at the same time, so your braking temperature will be lower (for the same brake load) with extended pad & rotor life.
# Requires modification to the pad's mounting hole pitc.
Reference: See the same OE caliper BBK upgrade we offered for Porsche 991 CS2/CS4 from 340x34/330x28 to 380x34/380x28 kit with caliper spacers here:
Surface: EDP Coating w/cross cut grinding on friction surface
- Alloyed iron formula adds strength and heat resistance. Heat treating further improves rotor performance for a more uniform and stabilized microstructure.
- The cooling vanes are of a convergent nozzle design, which increases airflow and turbulence and makes discs cooler. ( Illustration #1)
- The center-mount flanges for hat mounting to the rotor ring have several benefits. ( Illustration #2)
- It allows the ring to be used on either side of the vehicle simply by mounting the hat on either side of the ring (unidirectional).
- The stress load transferred from the ring to the hat is balanced.
- Air inlets are widely open to both inboard and outboard sides of the rotor. More air suctions and even temperature on both sides of the disc surface.
- Heat transfer from the disc surfaces to the hat is even and minimized by increasing the flange length and the airflow around the flanges.
- Mounting flanges are on both friction surfaces ultimately provides excellent heat balance.
- Exclusive full floating design with 10.9 grade alloyed hardware. Hardware is DACRO coated and crimp locking. DACRO is highly corrosion resistant and provides a film for easier movement between the hat and rotor ring as disc expands and contracts and the crimp design provides positive engagement without rattling or torque loss at temperature.